[Kde-pim] Re: KMime::Content::fromUnicodeString() considered harmful

Gregory Schlomoff gregory.schlomoff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:06:05 BST 2011

On a slightly unrelated note, I'd like to point out that KMime is a can of
worms with 10+ year old code that nobody dares touching anymore, and there
are several other discrepancies / bugs / things that need fixing there.

I have reported two problems already, but fixing them would require breaking
BC, and nobody knows for sure if the fixes wouldn't break other stuff.

I'm just saying this so that next time there's a binary incompatible release
of kdepimlibs, this library really needs a lot of love and attention to
clean up those things.

And auto tests.

Cheers

Greg

On Jun 22, 2011 8:44 PM, "Torgny Nyblom" <nyblom at kde.org> wrote:

On Wednesday 22 June 2011 18.13.34 Guy Maurel wrote:
[...]

> We should learn and apply a "better" way of work: > - first, write **the**
documentation, diskuss ...
Good in theory but I think that it is a bit too strict for a project driven
by
a community.

We should do everything we can too keep the documentation and code in sync
and
any discrepancy should be handled on a case by case policy. In some cases
the
bug is probably in the code and in some in the documentation. To put a 100%
freeze on one would not be good in my opinion.

/Regards
Torgny