[Kde-pim] Re: Problems sending emails?

Jay Woods woodsjay at cox.net
Sun Jun 26 13:15:01 BST 2011

On Friday, June 24, 2011 07:29:55 PM Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Unfortunately it seems that some users, despite having a
dispatcher
> agent and SMTP servers configured are not able to send email
with KDE
> PIM 4.6. Can someone please offer insight into what might
cause this
> to occur?
>
> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=95677
>
> Thanks,
> Ben Cooksley
> KDE Community Forums Administrator

I've got a test case of a pair of Dells running Fedora 15, one (an
upgrade from Fedora 13) doesn't work with the configuration used
in Kubuntu 10.04. The other (a clean install) with a wizard created
configuration does work. Hopefully, I'll be able to discern the
significant difference soon.

Working it out is slow because the clean install has stopped sound
and plasma-desktop is using 98% of the CPU.