[Kde-pim] Re: Akonadi resource: How to update item if backend data changed

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jun 7 15:00:47 BST 2011

On Monday, 2011-06-06, David Jarvie wrote:
> On Sun, June 5, 2011 3:12 pm, rgruber at users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> > Is there a proposed way of handling backend data changes?
> > If I change an item (e.g. the modification time) and pass it to
> > itemsRetrievedIncremental() why are the changes not written to the
> > Akonadi store? or am I missing something here?
>
> You need to use ItemModifyJob to tell Akonadi to change an existing Item.
> itemsRetrievedIncremental() is only for use inside retrieveItem().

As a quick work around you can call synchronize() or synchronizeCollection()
to tell Akonadi to call retrieveItems().

Cheers,
Kevin

P.S.: Brad Hards had been working on a "full" resource based on libmapi but
then got deeper into OpenChange development itself :)
There might be something you can reuse, unfortunately I couldn't find the
current location for these sources.

KDE user support, developer mentoring