[Kde-pim] Re: Invalid system flag \RECENT? IMAP?

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun Jul 17 11:25:13 BST 2011

On Thursday 14 July 2011 23:47:59 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a user reports on the KDE user mailinglist that he frequently sees the
> following message:
> - Frequent notifications like: <server>: Saving failed, server replied:
>   A008494 BAD Invalid system flag \RECENT
>
> I grepped kdepim-runtime and only see "Recent" being used in IMAP resource
> tests.
> Could the IMAP resource "leak" IMAP flags into Akonadi and Akonadi not
> liking them?

Sounds more like the other way around, this is the IMAP server rejecting
\RECENT. Which is correct, that's a read-only system flag of IMAP. Well,
actually \Recent is, which is probably also what the IMAP resource would
filter out.

Hm, looking at the code, it seems like it doesn't filter out \Recent neither
on the incoming nor on the outgoing side. So, adding that to at least
ChangeItemTask::triggerStoreJob() should fix the problem.

Which IMAP server is that btw, my Cyrus one seems to just silently ignore
attempts to change \Recent.

regards
Volker