[Kde-pim] Re: KMail2 problem at startup

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Mon Jul 11 23:51:17 BST 2011

Hello,

On 07/11/2011 03:06 PM, guy-kde wrote:

>> Problem is I start with an empty configuration (this is on a virtual
>> machine) and this error pops up, I can tar whatever you want though,
>> just
>> tell me which directories.
>  Do you really don't have any kmailrc file at start?
>  Do you *only* start kmail2, or do you fill up any form?
>  Thanks
Mee too, I'm also starting up with a fresh KMail2 configuration.
I deleted all the akonadi and kmail configuration files.
When starting:
- the main kmail window shows (the konsole shows lots of traces and
among other things akonadi is creating its new mysql database),
- the new account configuration wizard starts,
- the tips window shows over kmail window,
- the startup error Ismail mentioned shows ; when clicking ok, the kmail
window dissapears but the new account wizard stays,
- a second kmail launch attempt would show the same sequence of windows,
even if the account setup was completely done.

Valentin