[Kde-pim] Re: kontact and MS Exchange almost 100% working via OWA with davmail

Grégory Oestreicher greg at kamago.net
Tue Jul 19 20:25:24 BST 2011

Hi,

Le mardi 19 juillet 2011 20:25:18, Divan Santana a écrit :
> But one can see the events I created in kontact in the the log file I sent,
> they are on line 12 and 13.
> It still says 'FETCH' strangely, but I created this in kontact/korganizer in
> the exchange calendar. So perhaps it's a bug that it should be saying STORE
> instead of FETCH.

My bad, it's not STORE but APPEND, and this should be in the 'kontact' or
'korganizer' tab. Apparently the logs come only from the
'akonadi_davgroupware_resource_X' tab. 'STORE' will be issued if the resource
gets an ETag back from the server. As this does not appear, it looks like
there's none returned by DavMail.

> If the above is the case wishfully it's an easy bug fix?

Erm… Not sure about that :)

I'm pretty confident that the event is correctly sent to the resource otherwise
this behavior would have cropped up earlier. Then the resource is likely to
send data to the DavMail server. What happens next is the problem.

The best way to debug things here, and that does not require a recompilation,
would be to use Wireshark to see what's happening at the protocol level. The
normal sequence when creating an event is as follows:

- the resource sends a 'PUT [URL]' request with the header 'If-None-Match: *';
- the server replies with a 201 or 204 code and the response headers contain
'ETag: XXXXX';

> Let me know your thoughts. I'll should likely create a bug report with this
> info.

You can create a bug report to track progress, but this info alone won't help.
Eventually add the logs in the 'kontact' or 'korganizer' tab of Akonadi
Console.

Cheers,
Grégory