[Kde-pim] Akonadi openchange

Del delonly at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 16:25:08 BST 2011

With the current release of kde-pim being akonadi based, it seems time
is right for looking at the akonadi plugins. I have been testing the
4.6.0 version against kolab, and against caldav with google-services
since the release of 4.6.0. It has worked beautifully here, thanks for
the great work!

Like many others I am forced to use exchange at work, and currently
that locks me in to outlook and windows. Hence I am very eager to see
an exchange plugin for akonadi mature. It seems like the openchange
plugin is the most promising route, but it has not received any love
for some time AFAIK. Can anybody give some status update on it? Or
maybe point in another direction?

I am also interested in contributing to the maturation of it to
accelerate the process. Not sure where I could make the most impact,
but I am open for sponsoring, documenting, packaging and/or
developing. Any and all feed-back is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Del