[Kde-pim] Re: Akonadi openchange

Del delonly at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 22:26:59 BST 2011

On Wednesday 27. July 2011 15.58.11 Brad Hards wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 03:31:31 AM Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > If OWA is enabled for your Exchange server then have a look at the
> > recent (almost 100 %) success story reported by Divan Santana on this
> >
> > list:
> >   http://kde.markmail.org/message/2cqxr6ivugk4sxfu
>
> I don't think that is OWA (which is the web front end), I think is is really
> webdav, which is Exchange 2003. Certainly pretty impressive though.
>
> Brad

>From what I have seen webdav is still available in Exchange 2007, but disabled
by default. I believe it is used for Entourage, the Outlook clone Microsoft
made for OSX:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Entourage

Hence I guess it may provide a feasible route for those who are lucky enough
to have webdav enabled on their exchange servers. I doubt that I am among
them.

OWA seem like a moving target to me. The sketchy support in Evolution broke
between exchange 2003 and 2007, which made me loose faith in that path.