[Kde-pim] mixedmaildir akonadi resource

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Thu Jul 21 09:32:42 BST 2011

Hi,
Yesterday I decide to move all my emails from mixedmaildir (created when I
migrated my emails from kmail1) to maildir directly.

Not really easy because:
-> when we create a new folder and just dnd emails in new folder, it copys
just header from email => a big bug here. Don't know why

And other bug when I dnd a folder directly from mixed to maildir resouces it
doesn't copy mails.... not good too. I don't know why.

So after that I created a maildir resource and use path from my email (
~/Mail), and after that I can really use KMail2.

I think that mixedmaildir is not optimized :(
It takes a lot of cpu when we access to folder.

I think that we must optimize it or (better) create a programme to migrate to
maildir all old kmail1 folders.

I hope that we will able to fix theses problems soon.

To conclude, don't use mixedmaildir if it's possible.

Regards.