[Kde-pim] Re: alarms from plasma

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Thu Jul 28 00:04:10 BST 2011

On Wednesday 27 July 2011 20:56:48 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi :)
>
> i've taken on what i hope to be a small-ish task: adding the ability to set
> alarms from clock plasmoids.
>
> i took a look at kalarm to see what kinds of integration opportunities there
> would be and quickly got lost within its 47k LOC. :)
>
> since this feels very much like PIM stuff and we have had good results with
> the calendar integration, i decided to come to experts (you!) and ask:
>
> if you were to recommend a way to do this, what would you say?
>
> is there an alarms standard within akonadi?
>
> an alarm related feature set i should be aware of?
>
> how should this work in an akonadi world where kontact desktop or touch and
> plasma desktop or active co-mingle?
>
> i look forward to your insights .. thanks.

I've been working on converting KAlarm to Akonadi, but it still had too many rough edges to include in KDE 4.7. It's in generally reasonable shape now, and should be in 4.8. All the Akonadi stuff in master is still under the kalarm directory - one of the todo items is to move the Akonadi resources and associated access library to kdepim-runtime and kdepimlibs once it's working properly.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.