[Kde-pim] Re: Validity of a UserBase page?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Wed Jan 12 12:15:18 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 11 January 2011 21:57:44 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Monday 10 January 2011 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Is http://userbase.kde.org/KOrganizer/Embedded still relevant?  Should it
> > be updated or deleted?  We have http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Touch but
> > that deals mainly with setting up Kontact on different platforms.  As far
> > as I know we have nothing new about individual applications on mobile
> > platforms.
>
> This page is only of historical interest. It's also not working properly
> anymore as some links are broken, in particular the download links.
>
> I have recreated the pages on my own site at
> http://cornelius-schumacher.de/kde/korge/ (with working download links) to
> satisfy historical interest.
>
> I would be fine with deleting it on Userbase. In general it might be nice
> to somehow collect some historical information somewhere, though, provided
> we can do that in a way which doesn't confuse our current users.

Using "What links here?" it seems that no English page links to that anyway,
so it seems safe to delete it.  The remaining old-style translations will
disappear, too, during the clean-up I've already started.

The final questions, then, is whether UserBase should contain links to your
archive.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group