[Kde-pim] Re: Pushing a single commit in git

twelve.eighty at gmail.com twelve.eighty at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:52:32 GMT 2011

We should probably standardize the procedure in the documentation. For me, I don't have commit rights and even I got myself into a world of pain by working on the "master" branch and then trying to "git pull" the latest changes back in.

I *think* standard procedure should be to always work in your own branch and then merge your commits to the master? And if you don't have commit rights, your private branch also saves you the "git pull" problems.
This is different from svn, which is probably why old farts like me didn't get it at first...