[Kde-pim] Re: akonadi items with ids

deloptes deloptes at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 21:34:58 GMT 2011

Tobias König wrote:

> You are mixing up two things here, the Akonadi IDs and the object UIDs
> (e.g. UID property of a vCard).
> While the Akonadi item ID is unique inside an Akonadi system, the object
> UIDs should be globally unique. So if you want to check if an item with a
> given object UID is already in the Akonadi store, you have to search for
> it via ItemSearchJob or its derived implementations
> ContactSearchJob/IncidenceSearchJob.
> They will return you the Akonadi item that contains an object (contact or
> event) with a given UID.

Hi, thank you. What I mean is if I can set the UID of an Item and not the
internal storage. Thank you for specifying this.

The specific question is how I can create an item with a specific UID.
I did not experiment very carefully but what I've tried did not work as
expected. What I've tried was to create an Item either with new Item( 123 )
or set the Id, but invain

regards