[Kde-pim] Re: GSOC 2010 code rebased against master in my personal clone

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Sun Feb 27 04:35:56 GMT 2011

On Sat 26 February 2011 16:02:44 you wrote:
> [ Sorry for the repost, now CC'ing the students]
>
> Hi,
>
> I've just pushed three branches of GSOC 2010 commits to my personal
kdepim
> clone.
>
> git remote add myclone kde:clones/kdepim/skelly/kdepim_gsoc_2010
>
> The branches are:
> * gsoc_grantlee
> * gsoc_summaryview
> * gsoc_pimimport
>
> The intention is to make it easier to review each branch and apply it to
> master. I have already rebased each branch onto master, so it should be
easy
> to review the commits.
>
> Please do not apply it into master yet because (1) we need some kind of
> review, (2) integrating branches with a large number of commits need to
be
> coordinated with the sysadmins to avoid flooding.
>
> The GSOC students are encouraged to review the branches and reply whether
it
> is ready to be integrated. It might also be an idea to squash typo fixes
> into the commits that introduce them etc, but that's not essential.

I have my kdepim gsoc work in a personal clone, with quite a bit more than
that, but munged history (due to git-svn borkups). I'll push it over to
yours when I play with it. It's still not ready for master, and this year
has kicked my butt far harder than I figured it would.

> I have made sure the summaryview and pimimport branches build. The
grantlee
> branch is more tricky because of all of the concurrent changes in
> messageviewer during GSOC.
>
> The pimimport branch needed to link line entry to KDEUI, so that might be
> result of the rebase changing the link libraries of dependencies. The
> summaryview branch was using QMap::erase(const Key &), which is an API
that
> doesn't exist, so I don't know if it could ever have build since it tried
> introduced that. I suspect the student didn't commit all patches written.

It was in previous versions of Qt but marked as depreciated or moved
internal or something, iirc. It built at some point and builds in my clone
:)

--
Ryan Rix
== http://rix.si/page/contact/ if you need a word         ==