[Kde-pim] Re: Review Request: Simpler version of column resizing code for Akregator

Christophe Giboudeaux cgiboudeaux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 16:36:02 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 08 February 2011 17:02:42 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> > The situation is then getting worse with the default window size and my
> > own feeds: http://i.imgur.com/dfo0b.png and for feeds with a very long
> > name, I now have an horizontal scrollbar. http://i.imgur.com/LfT5i.png
>
> Mmm... your screenshots make it clearer that my solution does not work for
> all situations. Fair enough.
>
> I will give a try at a more useful header class later.
>
> I still believe that:
> - the default configuration is wrong: the title column should be much wider

I agree there, the default config is bad. Thanks for fixing the feed list btw :)

> - the columns should resize to take advantage of new space when the article
> list is made wider

I'd prefer "could" instead of "should" there. ;)

> Ideally this new header class I have in mind should fix those while still
> making it possible to resize the columns manually. Would you be fine with
> this?

As long as the columns can still be moved and resized manually (and the choice
remembered), the idea sounds reasonable to me. An option, a checkbox or
whatever that allows it is fine.

Christophe