[Kde-pim] GSOC 2010 code rebased against master in my personal clone

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 14:59:00 GMT 2011

Hi,

I've just pushed three branches of GSOC 2010 commits to my personal kdepim
clone.

git remote add myclone kde:clones/kdepim/skelly/kdepim_gsoc_2010

The branches are:
* gsoc_grantlee
* gsoc_summaryview
* gsoc_pimimport

The intention is to make it easier to review each branch and apply it to
master. I have already rebased each branch onto master, so it should be easy
to review the commits.

Please do not apply it into master yet because (1) we need some kind of
review, (2) integrating branches with a large number of commits need to be
coordinated with the sysadmins to avoid flooding.

The GSOC students are encouraged to review the branches and reply whether it
is ready to be integrated. It might also be an idea to squash typo fixes
into the commits that introduce them etc, but that's not essential.

I have made sure the summaryview and pimimport branches build. The grantlee
branch is more tricky because of all of the concurrent changes in
messageviewer during GSOC.

The pimimport branch needed to link line entry to KDEUI, so that might be a
result of the rebase changing the link libraries of dependencies. The
summaryview branch was using QMap::erase(const Key &), which is an API that
doesn't exist, so I don't know if it could ever have build since it tried
introduced that. I suspect the student didn't commit all patches written.

if ( not interested in how I did it with git ) {
  All the best,

  Steve
}

I first checked out the work/soc-pim branch and rebased it onto master,
resolving conflicts (messily - the grantlee stuff in viewer.cpp kind of
needs to be rewritten to some extent).

After that

  git log --pretty=format:"pick %h %ae" origin/master..HEAD

gave me a list of the commits in a form similar to what is used in the
interactive rebase workflow. After that it was a case of grepping for the
email address of the responsible student to split it into three lists of
commits in the right order

  egrep "mcguire|ronny|steveire" commits | tac

and then git rebase -i, paste the list of commits, repeat for all three
branches and we're done.

All the best,

Steve.