[Kde-pim] Re: Invitations to Outlook - some test findings

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Fri Feb 25 23:34:12 GMT 2011

On Friday, February 25, 2011 09:59:38 pm Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> To be compatible with both versions of Outlook tested
> for recurrent events, we would need to send
> a proper VTIMEZONE with use of the TZID.
> It is okay to send VTIMEZONE with the use of TZID for singe instance
> events.
If you're interested in the documented behaviour for import of ical into
outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010, then it might be worth looking at:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/D/D/5DD33FDF-91F5-496D-9884-0A0B0EE698BB/%5BMS-
OXCICAL%5D.pdf

It isn't always complete, but its probably be best documentation available.
Hit me on IRC for assistance in interpreting it.

There is a HTML version as well, which is useful for linking to parts of the
document, but the PDF renders some things better.
The discussion of VTIMEZONE is at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-
us/library/ee159506%28v=EXCHG.80%29.aspx (or the 2.2.1.19 section in the PDF).
My reading of that is that VTIMEZONE is always required ("MUST be declared"),
but that you can only have one VTIMEZONE component per ical file.

Brad