[Kde-pim] KMail1 bugs (was: Kmail' ideas for the GSoC 2011 (sysadmin work?))

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Feb 11 20:51:21 GMT 2011

On Friday 11 February 2011, Marc Deop wrote:
> On Friday 11 February 2011 16:12:44 Christophe wrote:
> > What I suggest:
> > - Define a date where we stop accepting the KMail1 reports then set
> > the product ReadOnly on BKO. (yes, that will make some users angry
> > but at some point we have to clearly state that kdepim 4.4.10 was
> > the last KMail1 version)
>
> This seems reasonable.

Yes. But I guess we should wait until we know that KMail1 really is
unmaintained and until the first few patch releases of KMail2 are out.

> > - reassign the KMail1 normal bugs to the appropriate product if
> > relevant (Akonadi, KMail2, kdepim...)
>
> That's after the date mentioned on point 1 or can we start doing that
> already?

I think this should be done immediately provided the bugs (!) are still
occurring in KMail2.

With respect to wishlist items: I favor closing all of them as WONTFIX
(for KMail1 anyway) and start over for KMail2. Those people that really
care will surely file a new feature request of KMail2.

> > I also suggest testing the KMail1 crashers and open new reports if
> > reproducible then close the KMail1 crash reports. (sysadmin help is
> > welcome to avoid killing ktown).

Makes sense.

Regards,
Ingo