[Kde-pim] Google Resources regularly lose settings

Del delonly at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 22:19:43 GMT 2011

Hello Lindsay,

AFAIK, the only sane way to access Google calendar is through caldav, for
contacts there is only manual sync (export list of contacts from your gmail-
account and import it into Kontact).

Here you can see how to set up Google calendar with caldav (it's been working
nicely for me, but then again I prefer Kolab for my calendring needs):
http://jpwhiting.blogspot.com/2011/04/kontact-with-google-calendar.html

The google akonadi resource that's been around has not been maintained and
google changed the protocol, so afaik it is broken.  My apologies if my
knowledge is out-dated, I have not kept track of this the last months.

Cheers,
Del