[Kde-pim] Dev questions about Akonadi resources

Shaheed srhaque at theiet.org
Fri Dec 9 00:48:07 GMT 2011

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions about how Akonadi resources are supposed to
behave in trying to get the Exchange Calendar resource working better.

The first concerns a problem that whenever I restart Kontact, the Exchange
Calendar resource tries to ::retrieveItem the same appointment. For reasons as
yet unknown, this always fails. Critically, no further calls are made into my
entry points, and no previously fetched Calendar entries are displayed. The
only way out is to delete and re-add the resource. Now, the code in the
resource deals with the failure by emitting the status(Broken, ...) signal,
and returning false. The question is, is there a documented way of saying "I
failed to get this resource, but please carry on processing other items"?

The second concerns item updating support. The resource entry point has this
prototype:

void ExCalResource::itemChanged(const Akonadi::Item &item, const
QSet<QByteArray> &parts)

Now, inside my code, I can check the lastModified date against the item on the
server. Is there a way for me to tell Akonadi either "update failed" or even
better, "update failed, and here is a newer replacement version that you
should know about"?

Thanks, Shaheed

P.S. If there is documentation that answers these questions, please feel free
to point me to it