[Kde-pim] Default identity not working again

Del delonly at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 13:22:30 GMT 2011

Paid support is available for kde-pim, moreover there is a stable enterprise
vesion of kde-pim available. Consider taking advantage of the offer.

With regards to your issue, a good place to start is looking at reported
issues for kde-pim to see if somebody already has filed it, and if so whether
it is already solved or at least assigned to a developer. Have you done so?

I am running the same version of kmail and kde as you (on kubuntu 11.10), and
defualt identity behaves as I expect. When I am positioned in the inbox of my
gmail account, it will use my gmail identity for new mails, when positioned in
my kolab account (e.g., browsing through mails in my Kolab account inbox), it
will use my kolab-account identity for new mails. When in any other folder
(e.g., browsing my local mail folders) any new mail will use my default
identity. I cannot remember any version of kmail deviating from this
behaviour.

Please excuse my short answer, but I have to go make Christmas dinner for my
family now.

With best wishes for a joyful xmas,
Del