[Kde-pim] Initializing IndexPolicyAttribute

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Sat Dec 3 21:30:56 GMT 2011

I'm working on a couple of features to reduce the volume of mail
that is indexed by default:

* Reduce the number of collections that are indexed by Nepomuk by
default (drastically)
* Add a dialog to multiple-select those to be indexed from all
collections so people don't have to go through the maintenance
folder properties tab for all folders.

#2 is the subject of http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/103318 and
103320

For #1, I am not sure where to set IndexPolicyAttribute to
indexingEnabled=false on mail collections.

1) In each mail resource as it fetches collections?
2) In KMail, as it knows which collections have special roles?
3) Some other central location that I'm not aware of
4) All of the above?

Assuming I have some policy like "index only sent-mail and inbox by
default", what is the locus where whether a collection is a sent-
mail or inbox is known?  I don't want to start playing guessing
games based on the collection's name.

Will