[Kde-pim] Source incompatible change :(

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Dec 9 21:28:50 GMT 2011

David Faure wrote:

> Aww, crap, why do we have ABI requirements for libs that are only used by
> kdepim?
>
> So, should I revert and keep kmail slow for theoretical 3rd-party apps, or
> is there a good reason for the BIC/SIC requirements?

AFAIK it is not only kdepim using kdepimlibs, but also some plasma applets
and there might be akonadi resource not inside kdepim (playground,
wherever). There is a reason we build kdepimlibs right after kdelibs.
I vote for performance enhancement, but at least all users within the KDE
repos needs to be tracked down.
Or (worse case) use a new class with the same content and deprecate this
one. But if StatisticsProxyModel is used as a base in other proxies, this
will be hard to do.

Andras