[Kde-pim] Mails marked as important - strange behavior

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Thu Dec 15 07:40:38 GMT 2011

Hi,

I'm a bit lost with messages marked as important. For quite a while I've used KMail with Nepomuk set to off. During that time, KMail2 worked as known from KMail1, i.e. when I marked a message as important, it got another icon and was shown in another color (green). That's quite handy.

Of course, w/o Nepomuk I can't have the full text search. So I turned Nepomuk on. Now I have in the context menu two choices. I can mark a message as important right as before, but I can also set an Important flag. Well, I wouldn't care for the flag at all, but a bunch of messages aren't shown in green color anymore. And what's worse, I can't find a pattern how to make it work as before.
I prefer the simple toggling of the status, and I don't care for any flag. may be I'm ignorant, but I really want to have that simple solution back.

What can I do to set back all flags and let KMail work only based on the information as KMail1 did?
I've found sometimes the context menu says, the message is marked as important, and the important flag is marked, too. If I uncheck the important flag, the message is colored in the header list as I expected it to be. But sometimes it is marked important, and it doesn't have the check mark in from of the important flag, and it's still not colored. Going back and forth between messages then sometimes triggers that I see the check mark. Then I can remove it as described above.
But hey, I don't want to that procedure for several hundreds of messages. I hope, you have an idea about how to do it for all messages in a folder.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas