[Kde-pim] what's so special about POP filters that they can be lost so easily?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Dec 2 07:21:19 GMT 2011

Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> When starting up again my POP filters were lost. Nothing else.

Losing filters or some other configuration (like composer settings) can be
usually tracked down to the same problem: saving to config file fails.
Is it a KDE configuration library issue, something going wrong inside KMail,
or a crash at the wrong time, I don't know.
 I never lost my filters in KDE3 times, I lost some (not all) with KDE
4.7.0/4.7.1 due to some bug in the new filtering code, but this was fixed
and since they work fine, I didn't lost them. I did lost recently the
composer settings (and had to reset them to default, otherwise even reply
didn't quote the message), but afaik Laurent fixed /worked around/ this
problem as well fro 4.7.4. And probably the problem was temporary between
4.7.3 and 4.7.4, not affecting too much users.

Andras