[Kde-pim] Exchange (MAPI) akonadi resource for calendar and GAL

Shaheedur Reza Haque srhaque at theiet.org
Thu Dec 8 18:20:57 GMT 2011

rgruber at users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Hi Shaheed,
>
> I was that busy at work recently that I had almost no time during the last
> weeks.
>
> However I did come across a libmapi function that gave me some promissing
> results on fetching better recipient data than with GetRecipientTable()
> and ResolveNames().
>
> I function is called ReadRecipients() and returns an array with all the
> recipients of a message. As far as I could tell from a few quick test it
> provides both the name(if available) as well as the email address of the
> recipient. If I interpreted the results of my test correctly it also marks
> "internal" recipients (known by the GAL) which would allow me to do a
> ResolveNames() call in case there would be no name.
>
> I planned to re-implement the attendee lookup by using ReadRecipients()
> this weekend.

Please consider adding that to the current logic, and then maybe we can both
test the two versions? I think that offers the best way to assess which is
the most robust solution as I'm not in a position to share the source data
with which I am testing, and I'm guessing you are in a similar position.

I'll try to do a quick pass over the core logic with more comments so you
can see what is going on in the current version.

Also, I'm planning some small optimisations efforts to the new class
structure which should not interfere with your efforts.

> Cheers, Robert
>
> PS: What's your problem with the GAL? It works perfect here at my work
> environemnt. It fetches all the relevant data of all members of the GAL.

Judging from the debug output, it starts off ok. But since we have 63k
people, I'm guessing that there will be ~70k entries so it may be that
either I've not been patient enough, or maybe a resource problem. At any
rate, I need to look into it a bit more.

Also, I think I mentioned that for me, when I restart kontact, the calendar
does not repopulate (unless I delete and re-add the resource), for reasons
I've yet to look into. But it might be that a similar problem also affects
my GAL, and so even an incremental download does not help. Again, that is
just speculation at this point.