[Kde-pim] Bug 262386 - allow HTML by default

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 23:00:12 GMT 2011

On Sun December 4 2011 8:47:33 PM Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like some input on whether this bug should be granted or not.
>
> The request is for setting "Prefer HTML to plain text" to true as default.
> The other part of the report is a no go (load from internet).

I, for one, would like to see this as conditional. I believe I put in a
request back in the "old" KMail to have a flag for certain email addresses
incoming to show the rendered HTML instead of having the "click here" to
display the html, and then "click here" to load pictures. I certainly
understand the security concerns, but there are a few people/sources I trust
to send me valid email and I would like to be able to have that email display
the rendered HTML by default, but only for specified senders.