[Kde-pim] Data loss: kmail2 must not use existing [Folder-xy] settings on random new folders

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Dec 15 10:01:37 GMT 2011

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> Actually I've seen it said many times on this list and others that the
> akonadi database is not the mail itself and that loss of the database will
> at worst loose the tag info.
>
> You are directly contradicting this

Well, not. That is still true and you lose the mails here because of wrong
settings in *KMail* (and only if you used expiration for folders). Not
because you deleted the Akonadi database.
 So it is not Akonadi removing the mails because you deleted the database,
it is KMail deleting them because of a bug.

 Sure, from user pov the net result is *similar* and should be fixed ASAP.

Andras