[Kde-pim] Bug 262386 - allow HTML by default

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Dec 7 21:23:05 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 07 December 2011 3:44:38 PM Andras Mantia wrote:
> Torgny Nyblom wrote:
>
> > In the same ballpark as alienating old users by changing defaults :)
>
> I think the biggest concern is not that the render HTML default is not for
> the like of the old users, but that is introduces a possible security issue.
>  The fact that I consider html mails without real formatting internet
> pollution, is another thing. :)

No need to keep that discussion going.
Laurent has already said no to changing the default setting.

A couple of alternative ideas are worth consideration, I think

  1) making this setting part of the wizards.

  2) when selecting to see the message in all its htmlness, we could put up a dialog
      asking the user if they want to always see html rendered (pointing out the security issues).
     this dialog would have a "don't ask me again" checkbox on it