[Kde-pim] Bug 262386 - allow HTML by default

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Mon Dec 5 19:54:45 GMT 2011

On Monday 05 December 2011 18:03:24 Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> On Monday 05 December 2011 15.59.50 Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > I'm leaning towards that, ie enable prefer HTML but nothing else.
> >
> > Many long-term KMail users would be infuriated by that, and I see
> > no advantage in changing the default
>
> I fail to see how that will affect long-term KMail users as for them
> nothing changes.
> Also a long term user will have no problem changing the setting if
> they should install from scratch. However new users are more inclined
> to see it as a short coming that KMail cannot show them their mails
> as they are used to from the MS world.

I don't have a problem with what Windows users do !   Linux is not
Windows !  MS is copying OSS innovations !  We don't need to copy MS.

Anyway I feel strongly enough about this issue to suggest that the
documentation should include and make clear that this setting can be
changed should the user wish.  Not just make it HTML by default.

> > .  I would, however, support John
> > Aldrich's comments.  Many of us accept that reality that certain
> > sections of our life use interactions with habitual html users, for
> > whatever reason.  The ability to enable a preference for individual
> > contacts would be extremely useful.  For years I have been using
> > the work-around of keeping certain folders for html users.

I too have been doing this as well.

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.