[Kde-pim] Initializing IndexPolicyAttribute

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Mon Dec 5 11:54:26 GMT 2011

On Sunday 04 December 2011 14:35:43 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday, 2011-12-03, Will Stephenson wrote:
> > I'm working on a couple of features to reduce the volume of mail
> > that is indexed by default:
> >
> > * Reduce the number of collections that are indexed by Nepomuk by
> > default (drastically)
> > * Add a dialog to multiple-select those to be indexed from all
> > collections so people don't have to go through the maintenance
> > folder properties tab for all folders.
> >
> > #2 is the subject of http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/103318 and
> > 103320
> >
> > For #1, I am not sure where to set IndexPolicyAttribute to
> > indexingEnabled=false on mail collections.
> >
> > 1) In each mail resource as it fetches collections?
> > 2) In KMail, as it knows which collections have special roles?
> > 3) Some other central location that I'm not aware of
> > 4) All of the above?
>
> If the attribute's value would be "false" by default, you could probably set
> it somewhere in the special mail collections jobs.

The current behaviour is:
* IndexPolicyAttribute (IPA) is not present on collections by default
* Where present, IPA defaults to enabled
* akonadi_nepomuk_feeder interprets absent IPA as 'index this collection'

I would like to change these defaults to
* akonadi_nepomuk_Feeder interprets absent IPA as 'do not index this
collection'.

I'm not sure whether setting the default value of the attribute in
indexpolicyattribute.cpp to 'false' is necessary, given that I'll also
initialise IPA on collections to be indexed.  What do you think?

Will

--
Will Stephenson, KDE Developer, openSUSE Boosters Team
(AG Nürnberg)