[Kde-pim] FYI. KMail fails utterly in mail clients comparison

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Dec 5 21:31:11 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 23 November 2011, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 07:41:18 PM Anne Wilson wrote:
> > What's more, when the account wizard in TBird fails, adding an
> > account manually did seem much harder than in KMail.
>
> No doubt about that, its a PITA in thunderbird now to manually add
> accounts.

Amen to this. If one presses one of the re-check buttons all manually
made adjustments are thrown away. I assumed doing so would just trigger
a check of the security settings of the manually corrected server
adresses, but no, it re-guessed the server addresses and, of course, got
them wrong again.

Regards,
Ingo