[Kde-pim] Exchange (MAPI) akonadi resource for calendar and GAL

Boris shtrasman borissh1983 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 16:30:32 GMT 2011

On 22/11/2011, Boris shtrasman <borissh1983 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21/11/2011, rgruber at users.sourceforge.net
> <rgruber at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Hi Boris,
>>
>> to be honest I've never heard about LDB_MODULES_PATH.
>> At least I did not have to set anything at my system.
>> LDB_MODULES_PATH is undefined here at my KUbuntu.
>>
>> For the profile creation I use the libmapi API. Can you
>> please try to create a profile using the mapiprofile
>> commandline tool. To setup a MAPI profile use the
>> following minimal command:
>>
>> mapiprofile
>> --create
>> --profile=default
>> --username=<exchange_username>
>> --domain=<exchange_domain>
>> --password=<exchange_password>
>> --address=<exchange_server_IP_or_hostname>
>>

> perhaps my luck but even here I get erros :
>
> with correct username and password :
>
> mapiprofile --create --profile=real --username=boris --domain=firm.com
> --password=pwd --address=10.0.0.138
> also tried with
> mapiprofile --create --profile=real --username=boris --domain=firm.com
> --password=pwd --address=10.0.0.138 --realm=firm.com

Ok I found the issue and I think you should be aware :

if you setup an address for exchange server and the exchange server
has an fqdn string inside it .
the  connection will be made not to address you have put but to the
address resolved by the dns query.

so if the resolved ip is blocked (by firewall  for example) the
profile creation will fail.