[Kde-pim] Kmail2 & migration from kmail

ianseeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Aug 2 09:54:39 BST 2011

Hi All

Has anyone had real success with this?  The migration appeared to work fine
but none of my accounts can now get emails from the ISP POP3 boxes apart from
my IMAP to Google which migrated okay and works fine.
I've tried deleteing the accounts and recreating them via kmail2 and system
settings.  It allows the recreation but will not allow me to enter the
password for the mailbox account. It recreates the account in kmail2 but its
sits there "transmitting to the account 0%" and never stops unless i kill it.
The only way i've found round this issue is to create a new user, transfer the
data to the new user and then create the email account,  This time it allowed
me to enter the account password and i'm now working fine on this account i'm
using now.
My other account is the important one as it has my main emails accounts and it
suffers the same problem.  It also repeatedly marks a few of my messages as
unread again no matter how many times i mark them as read.

regards

Ian
opensuse 11.4, 64bit. KDE 4.7