[Kde-pim] Item changes using python in akonadi resources

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Aug 19 17:25:19 BST 2011

On Friday, 2011-08-19, Mario Santagiuliana wrote:
> Hi,
> I am still breaking your balls, sorry.
>
> I am hope to be near to complete an akonadi python resource (vcard resource
> like in the tutorial).
> I should implement the methods to change items.
>
> I don't understand this paragraph (Item Changes):
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Akonadi/Resources#Item_Change
>
> In a normal akonadi resource I should call this method in my constructor:
> > changeRecorder()->itemFetchScope().fetchFullPayload();
>
> Using Python I can call chengeRecorder and I have an Akonadi.ChangeRecorder
> python object:
> http://api.kde.org/pykde-4.5-api/akonadi/Akonadi.ChangeRecorder.html
>
> Which methods should I use to obtain the same result of a normal C call?
> Should I use setChangeRecordingEnabled() with "True" value?

I don't think I understand the question, so this might not be very helpful.

As fas as I can tell the Python API looks identical to the C++ one, so I think
the same sequence should apply:
getting the change recorder from the resource, getting the fetchscope of the
change recorder and then changing the fetchscope's settings by calling
fetchFullPayload.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring