[Kde-pim] Item changes using python in akonadi resources

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Aug 19 18:39:46 BST 2011

On Friday, 2011-08-19, Mario Santagiuliana wrote:
> In data 19/8/2011 18:25:19, Kevin Krammer ha scritto:
> > As fas as I can tell the Python API looks identical to the C++ one, so I
>
> > think  the same sequence should apply:
> I don't see error applying the same sequences...
> I don't read carefully the documentation...the method are inherited from
> parent object, I don't see it...sorry...

There are quite some classes involved and not always obvious. It is difficult
for those of us who have seen all steps in the library evolution to see when
something is not so well documented because we of course know were to look.

I am not sure how the API documentation for Python is generated, but if you
have suggestions on improvements we certainly try to find out how to
incorporate them :)

> Thank you very much Kevin for your support!

You're welcome!

I am kind of hoping that we can at some point create a Python based version of
the resource tutorial. I am pretty sure this would increase the number of
people looking into working with Akonadi :)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring