[Kde-pim] Hooks for Akonadi resource using Python

Mario Santagiuliana fedora at marionline.it
Wed Aug 17 18:22:57 BST 2011

In data 17/8/2011 18:30:22, Kevin Krammer ha scritto:
> The only thing the resource gets on the commandline is its identifier.
> All other requests, such as configure(), are handled through D-Bus: the
> code  in AgentBase registers a D-Bus object which exports methods such
> as configure() and D-Bus calls to that object then result in calls to
> the configure override in the AgentBase/ResourceBase subclass.

Wonderful!!! So, if I understand correctly, all Akonadi resources are more
or less standalone applications and Akonadi interact with the resources
using D-Bus, isn't?

So...I can interact, for debug and test, with my python resource using d-
bus too, isn't?

Thank you very much Kevin and sorry for my stupid question, I am new in
akonadi development and in python too (I am a Php developer...).

Thanks a lot! :)
--
Mario Santagiuliana
www.marionline.it