[Kde-pim] Review Request: making kmail network-aware

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Aug 31 19:20:43 BST 2011

On Wednesday, August 31, 2011 18:03:50 Martin Bednar wrote:
> > On Aug. 25, 2011, 4:42 p.m., Martin Bednar wrote:
> > > kmail/kmkernel.cpp, line 991
> > > <http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102431/diff/2/?file=32875#file32
> > > 875line991>> >
> > >     Because isOffline now returns based on the system's network
> > >     status, with which this dialog can't do anything. We only
> > >     want this dialog to change KMail's internal online status. It
> > >     is most visible when starting KMail without any network
> > >     connection : this dialog pops up (regularly if periodic mail
> > >     checking is enabled) and does absolutely nothing.>
> > Andras Mantia wrote:
> >     isOffline doesn't check the Solid status if the global network
state is Offline:
> >       if ( ( GlobalSettings::self()->networkState() ==
> >       GlobalSettings::EnumNetworkState::Offline ) ||>
> >            ( Solid::Networking::status() ==
> >            Solid::Networking::Unconnected ) || (
> >            Solid::Networking::status() ==
> >            Solid::Networking::Disconnecting ) )>
> >         return true;
> >
> >     And yes, I have a setup where solid says i'm not in a connected
> >     state, and got no warning dialog on startup about being
> >     offline, so everything works fine (as expected).
> Not sure if you're saying that isOffline should check the Solid status
> even if the internal status is offline (which it shouldn't IMO), or
> just that everything works as it should. And sorry about this
> the Add comment button)

I was saying that everything works as it should. :) Because isOffline first
checks the networkState() and if that returns offline mode, the solid
state is not checked at all. So the actual change made in line 991 you
made does exactly the same thing as isOffline.

Please commit the other change, line 940.

Andras