[Kde-pim] kmail network-awareness patch

Guy Maurel guy-kde at maurel.de
Sat Aug 20 17:40:49 BST 2011

Hello Martin!

On Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:59:08 AM Martin Bednár wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I played around with some kmail code to make it a bit more networkstatus-aware
> (via solid) than it was. I'm not sure it's really needed functionality-wise,
> but my ultimate goal being a connected/disconnected icon in the status bar, I
> think these changes are useful.
>
> Also, what's your view on merging setAccountOnline() and setAccountOffline()

It is fine to see other people working on the same problem some month after.
I which you should take a look to my proposals about the
  bug 77862,  kio_imap process doesn't hang anymore
(last mails on uly 2010)

Your solution is fine, but I mean it is not enought if you don't take care of the
kio_imap process, which still runs until the default time-out of 600 seconds.
As a change on the network is detected, we need to kill this process.

--
guy