[Kde-pim] Akonadi activesync support?

Dinesh saidinesh5 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:06:48 BST 2011

Hi Del

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Del <delonly at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 09, 2011 03:33:20 PM Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Monday, 2011-08-08, Del wrote:
> > > Finally, open code for client side activesync is surfacing. It has been
> > > implemented for syncevolution:
> > > http://lists.syncevolution.org/pipermail/syncevolution/2011-June/002405.h
> > > tml
> >
> > One of the next versions of SyncEvolution will actually ship with an
> > Akonadi backend and one of our Google Summer of Code students is working
> > on the UI parts for that.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> Sounds very interesting! I am still a bit in the dark as to what that entails.
> Do you have any pointers to some additional information? In particular, does
> it imply that akonadi will be able to sync groupware data from an Exchange
> server (i.e., that anything syncevolution syncs akonadi will tap into and sync
> too)?

As recently updated on the Syncevolution's WebSite ,
"SyncEvolution synchronizes personal information management (PIM) data
via various protocols (SyncML, CalDAV/CardDAV, ActiveSync). It syncs
contacts, appointments, tasks and memos. It syncs to web services or
to SyncML-capable phones via Bluetooth. " , and one of the storage
backends that it supports is Akonadi (along with File Backend, and
various others)...

I will probably test out the Active Sync Backend once I get my broken
hard disk replaced this week...
Also With some help from Patrick, I would say that Rohan is at about
80% of his targets for the GSoC...

Cheers,
Dinesh