[Kde-pim] GSoC 2011 Project User Interface improvements in KMail (ideas)

Eugene Melnichenko my.email.eugene at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 21:36:28 BST 2011

Hi this is again Eugene.
This is my second statement (GSoC) for KDE.

All of the ideas presented below will help user to quickly see incoming
messages, quickly find the contacts and etc.

*Here are the details of the project which I suggested:*

All categories can be divided into main tabs, which will be located on the
right. (Inbox, Contact, Sent Mail, Tab in which all mail is divided into
categories (KDE, Family, Jobs and etc.)).

*Indicators (Inbox, Draft, Sent, Deleted and Archive) can be placed above
the tabs.
*That category,which i would have corrected it:
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i441/Eugene_M/indicators.jpg

*1. Contact us
In the Contacts tab displays all of the user's contacts.
In it already ready template of filling with which it is possible to fill
most or to send for filling the user.
*It will look approximately so:
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i441/Eugene_M/Contacts.png

*2. Inbox.
>From left tab , incoming mail is displayed in this tab it will automatically
be sorted by date and   time.
Automatic incoming mail will come to the tab to sort by topics.* *
At the bottom middle of this window, three main buttons for mail (New,
Reply, Forward).*
It will look approximately so:
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i441/Eugene_M/Inbox.png

*3. New Message.
In this window it is possible to clean the text editing menu, and make the
following:
User selects  spot in the text, distinguishes it, presses the right mouse
button and appears menu control text (text style, font and etc.).
* It will look approximately so:
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i441/Eugene_M/newmessage-1.jpg

*4. Text menu.
All text menu can be made interactive.
If you hover over the menu, the text is clearly visible, when the user
cleans the cursor, text  becomes translucent, is visible only small font
outlines. It make the interface smoother.*

P.S: Not necessarily all of these ideas make at one time, you can choose,
for example, two ideas, that you like longer and I'll do them.

Thanks for your consideration.
Sincerely yours Eugene.