[Kde-pim] Re: KMail encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.

Guy Maurel guy-kde at maurel.de
Sat Apr 30 18:33:41 BST 2011

Hello Stephen!

On Friday, April 29, 2011 06:14:55 PM Stephen Kelly wrote:

> Guy, start akonadiconsole and check the permissions in the Local Folders sub
> collections like inbox, sent etc. Are all the boxes ticked? In the agents
> tab, try clicking configure to see the path of the Local Folders resource.
I used the informations from:
  http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4242
to test the KMail migrator. After that, I cannot see *any* "Local Folders resource".

I work a little bit with gdb and make a break in the file:
  kdepimlibs/akonadi/specialcollectionsrequestjob.cpp
at SpecialCollectionsRequestJobPrivate::createRequestedFolders(
within the loop foreach ( const Collection &collection, scanJob->specialCollections() ) {
and have a look to each "type".
I could see the strings: "drafts, inbox, outbox, sent-mail, templates, trash and local-mail"
But "local-mail" is a string I *never* seen before.
I might have removed some directories with such a name, some years ago!

But kmail1 *never* complains about that.
I got the trouble first as I try to migrate.

We can see that the error message is not suitable to give us/me the real
reason of the problem.
Could it be possible to create a better message? Where could I add some code to
do that?
Thanks
--
guy