[Kde-pim] Re: dbus and pim 4.6 only on second try

Sérgio Martins iamsergio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 17:28:31 BST 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Gerd Fleischer <gerdfleischer at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, 25. April 2011, 10:35:53 schrieb David Jarvie:
>> There could be a short time lag before the application creates
>> a particular interface, so always check by calling isValid() on the
>> interface before trying to use it.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Looks like it may take up to ~2 secs after serviceRegistered is emitted until
> it is really usable, so I use a QTimer::singleshot or is the a better way?

I think we have another problem.

Korganizer now loads events asynchronously ( from akonadi, with an ETM ).

When showEvent() is called the first time, the event isn't there yet,
so korg thinks it doesn't exist.

A solution could be to copy the incidence viewer to kdepimlibs, and
you can use that instead of calling KOrganizer. Not sure if these dbus
interfaces still make sense, seems a bit overkill to open
kontact/korganizer just to show an event.

Regards,
Sérgio