[Kde-pim] Re: Collection attribute persistence

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun Apr 17 09:31:12 BST 2011

On Saturday 16 April 2011 18:39:53 David Jarvie wrote:
> I notice that when my Akonadi resource restarts, its collection attribute
> values are lost. Is this a feature, or am I doing something wrong?

Definitely not a feature. IMAP e.g. makes extensive use of collection
attributes and they are persistent just fine.

Note that just setting or modifying attributes (on items or collections)
itself will not persistent them, you need to run a corresponding [Item|
Collection]ModifyJob to actually store these changes. You can use
akonadiconsole (context menu -> folder properties -> attributes) to view the
stored attributes.

regards
Volker