[Kde-pim] Re: Re: Free-busy integration in KDEPIM - Osnabrück outcome

"Grégory Oestreicher" greg at kamago.net
Tue Apr 5 08:19:26 BST 2011

Hi Thomas,

>> Why not, but only the latest message submitted over D-Bus will be kept in
>> the case that two resources answer with a failure. I assume that you are
>> only talking about the freebusyRetrieved() call.
>
> Yes, I was talking about the freebusyRetrieved() call. The fact that only the
> latest message will be kept in memory is an implementation detail of the
> free/busy manager, and not an API issue, right?

We can easily store all error messages and provide the API to access them, but how are
they displayed back to the user? By concatenating them, showing them one after the
other, saying there's more than one message, or otherwise? It's more a usability issue
than a coding problem.

Cheers,
Grégory

P.S.: I forgot to commit and push yesterday's changes into the kdepim clone, so it's
unlikely to compile… I'll fix this tonight.