[Kde-pim] Re: Akonadi item.h + clang

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Sat Apr 16 14:31:23 BST 2011

On Sa, 2011-04-16 at 11:26 +0200, Volker Krause wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 April 2011 10:21:52 Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > The reason is that clang++, in contrast to g++, already does error
> > checking on the template while compiling the template, not when it is
> > instantiated.
>
> Interesting, is clang already able to compile the entire KDE stuff, ie. is
> this the only problem you encountered? I always hear it has a much more
> sophisticated analyzing and optimizing system than GCC, and this case confirms
> that obviously, but I so far had the impression it's not able to compile Qt
> and KDE code yet. Looks like this has changed though :)

I only tried to use the header files. I haven't tried to compile KDE or
Qt with it.

I switched to clang++ as my main compiler because it generates much
better error messages. Compile runs also were faster. I had to fix a few
things in SyncEvolution (indeed not quite valid C++ before, although it
worked with g++) and -Wall -Werror required some more changes because of
more and/or different warnings.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de