[Kde-pim] Re: Take participating in GSoC 2001 with KDE PIM TEAM

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Sat Apr 2 23:41:34 BST 2011

Hello Alexander,

thank you for your interest in participating in GSoC with KDEPIM.

On Wednesday, March 30, 2011 07:36:38 AM Alexander Kuleshov wrote:
> First of all let me introduce myself. My name is Alexander Kuleshov.
> I'm student - software developer. I'm studying in Kazakhstan Agro -
> Technical university by computer sciense.
>
> I want to take participating in Google Summer of Code 2011 with KDE
> PIM team. I'd like to develop OpenSocial Akonadi resource. I write my
> proposal in GSoC site -
> (http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/kuleshovgs
> oc/1#).
>
> The big count project want that's student write patch at begin and i
> ready to do it. Now I', learning code base. Can you give me little
> improvement or bug fixing that's i show my knowledge.

Hmm, a good place would probably to start looking at existing Akonadi
resources and fixing bugs in them or adding other improvments.
Maybe the Google resource, which provides support for Google contacts and
calendars, would be a good idea? You can find a list of open bugs at
http://socuteurl.com/sosofuzzy. The author's nick in the #akonadi channel on
IRC is "Savago".
Anyone else ideas for simple Akonadi-related junior jobs?

Regards,
Thomas