[Kde-pim] Re: Akonadi restore emails ?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Apr 11 20:49:26 BST 2011

On Tuesday 05 April 2011, Thomas Kleindienst wrote:
> [...]

Hmm. Are we talking about IMAP or about Local Folders (including mail
downloaded via POP3)?

For IMAP:
Nothing needs to be restored because everything is on the server. The
easiest way to restore is to re-download from the server.

For local mail:
The actual mail should still be in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail. It is
not moved to ~/.local/share/akonadi during migration. Maybe that's the
problem. Did you only back up ~/.local/share/akonadi?

> (I was hoping there's an easy way to transfer the akonadi-folder)
>
> What I did was I made a "fake" maildir with all my mails from the
> akonadi file_db_data subfolder and set up an maildir resource in
> akonadi, so I had my mails back, but all the categorizing and
> mailfolders were gone.

Hmm. I think the categorization is stored in Nepomuk.

Regards,
Ingo