[Kde-pim] Re: KDEPIM 4.6 Testing

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Apr 24 13:49:40 BST 2011

On Sunday, 2011-04-24, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After setting migrator=true somwhere in the config the migration started.
> On the first run it looked ok, but I think I aborted the migration.
>
> The logwindow showed migration complete, but maybe only for one resource,
> and it was still working on the others (I'm not sure).

If the button was enabled, it had finished (or there is a bug in there
somewhere).

> So after pressing the close button a message appeared saying that the
> migration failed.

Can you check if the log file contains anything interesting?
in .kde/share/apps/kmail-migrator

> Then I tried again, using "kmail-migrator --interactive", which was
> finished in a snap.
> The created resources were not entirely correct (All IMAP accounts).
> First they all had the imap server in the format
> "imap.googlemail.com:993", where I had to delete :993 manually.

Very strange, my IMAP accounts always migrate successfully.
The IMAP resource is configured through the D-Bus interface, host and port are
set separately (IIRC). so the data could have already been wrong in orginal
config but not interpreted in the same way.

> Second the Authenthication was set to "PLAIN" instead of "Cleartext".
> After correcting those two, the accounts connected.

There were a couple of changes between old IMAP code and new one regarding
these values IIRC. Maybe the mapping is not correct (Laurent and I did test
this a lot, no idea why it is broken now).

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring