[Kde-pim] ASSERT while starting akonadiconsole

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Sep 20 12:41:50 BST 2010

On Saturday, September 18, 2010 15:32:12 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Sat September 18 2010 14:21:50 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > > I've akonadiconsole ASSERTing on startup while trying to get Lion Mail
> > >
> > > work with 'latest state of the art' (all trunk PIM). The assert is:
> > >

> > > ASSERT failure in KConfigGroup::writeEntry: "writing to a read-only
> > > group", file
> > > /home/sebas/kdesvn/src/kdelibs/kdecore/config/kconfiggroup.cpp, line
> > > 945
> > >

> > > Backtrace is at: http://paste.ubuntu.com/495843
> > >

> > > Possibly related, the treeview showing collection (the checkable one)
> > > doesn't get populated, while I'm seemingly able to retrieve collections
> > > through the ETM.
> >
> > Do you still have the KViewStateMaintainer locally patched to use a
> > KConfigBase* instead of a KConfigPtr? That would cause that assert.
>
> Yes, should I revert this patch?

It doesn't crash with this patch reverted (I had forgotten that I had applied
it). What's the problem without it? (I can't verify if it still works, since
... )

> > I'm not sure about the checkable treeview not showing content. Is that
> > something that changed recently?
>
> Probably in the last two or three weeks, I've been working on another
> project  in between, and didn't test Lion Mail recently.

This doesn't seem to be caused by the KViewStateSaver, as the treeview is also
not populated when no statesaver is used. Listing collections and emails
though listjobs and an ETM works fine otherwise, but the collection treeview
in the config stays empty.
--
sebas